Windows XP x64 sound issue with SB! Live

keen

n00b
I've switched over to Windows XP x64 recently, and in the process of reinstalling I noticed my (Hauppage) TV Tuner drivers don't work, and the CD that came with my soundcard did the same thing: "Cannot detect any installed Creative Audio Components in your system".

So I google around to see if I can find some x64 drivers. My main issue being the sound card, hence the topic. I look for a few, knowing Creative's awful history of not providing drivers or software for their cards... and I find an x64 download for SB Live cards. It installed the drivers and OpenAL. Sound works fine, however I didn't realize until later on when I tried to start up any recent game, that the sound sounds... doubled.. sort of. I googled around for this too, and I find that this means that the EAX settings are set somewhere for some kind of echo, and that I should turn all EAX effects off. I can't quite seem to find where this is, and I read more to find that I need some kind of Creative Mixer or EAX Control or something like that... again, I can't find it. The problem is, the drivers never came with any kind of program that allows me to adjust this, so I'm stuck with this for now.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Back