• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows XP widescreen setting ?

cwolf78

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
456
I recently upgraded to a widescreen monitor and I was wondering if there is a widescreen setting on windows XP... for some reason I think I have seen it before, but I cannot find it now.
 
What do you mean by widescreen setting? If you mean by resolution then go into your display settings. You can select the resolution under the settings tab.

If there are no resolutions with the appropiate aspect ratios then you might need to upgrade your video drivers.
 
Cool, I thought I saw an option for standard 4:3 and 16:9 under the display properties once. Anyhow, I am about to upgrade the video card itself on that machine which the monitor is attached. The monitor wants to run in 1400(something) x 900 and my current vid card does not support that.
 
Back
Top