Windows xp wants a raid driver on a floppy disk for install, I don't have that

DthInd

2[H]4U
Building new super computer, details later. I set up a raid 0 drive on the motherboard raid controller, but when I attempt to install windows, it wants that raid driver. No problem, I have it on a CD. Windows wants a floppy disk to get the driver. Not only did the manufacturer not provide a floppy disk, I dont even have a floppy drive for this driver.

How do I tell windows to load the driver off the cd rom ?

Or what do I do ?

xp doesnt support anything other than floppies. Vista and 7 support all sorts of media for drivers.

You can use nlite or something to build the driver into the xp image, or you could buy a usb floppy drive.

looks like I lose the raid 0 and wait for W7 to come out then rebake the system.

I really look forward to reloading WOW twice...

lol, yea, I just went with Vista because I dont have the W7 files/iso/disk to install.

Just fyi, if you don't want to be bothered reinstalling WoW, updating, finding your addons again, etc., if you have a large enough storage drive you can just copy the wow folder over and copy it back after you reinstall the OS. The game still runs perfectly fine.

Just fyi, if you don't want to be bothered reinstalling WoW, updating, finding your addons again, etc., if you have a large enough storage drive you can just copy the wow folder over and copy it back after you reinstall the OS. The game still runs perfectly fine.

Secondededededed
I had to do this a few months ago. Worked like a charm.

Supercomputer and XP don't belong in the same sentence anymore. If it was me, I'd run the 90 day trial of Windows 7 Enterprise, and use that to test out your drivers and apps. Then, once Windows 7 was final and you purchased a copy, reload with your legit version and key.

Or just ditch RAID0....but some would call me biased. I never bought into that hype, and will always prefer a single fast drive and a much larger storage drive. No real sacrifice in real world performance, and my data is much more stable and secure.

Buy a USB floppy drive for 20-30 bucks and install the raid drivers on the floppy and done.

Either just use Vista/7 or slipstream the driver in with nLite. Only takes a few minutes.

Back