Windows XP Tweak Guides

I use an awesome program called TweakXP (pro version). It has lots of hardware and software specific tweaks, and it's straight forward and easy to use interfacing. Haven't tried any guides yet tho. My 2 cents

TweakXP

I'll have to check out the ones you posted but this one is excellent. Lot of trivial stuff but there are some real world performance tweaks in there if you look.

Yea i know all about TweakXP guys. I'm just looking for actual tweak guides done up by hardware sites though. Like step by step stuff that explains how it works and what works best to increase performance. With an application your just on your own for which settings to use.

Pentium 4 3.0c w/ AeroCool HT-101, Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev. 2.0, 1GB (2x512MB) Mushkin PC3200 lvl 1,
Gigabyte 5900XT 128MB, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer, (2x) WD 36GB Raptors RAID0, WD 2500JB,
LiteOn 52x32x52 CD-Burner, LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM, Logitech Z-5300's, Antec 1080 w/ Antec 480w TrueBlue
do you really need to improve xp performance with a system like that?

it should run super fast with no/minimal tweaking.

remember if it ain't broke dont tweak it ;)

I'm still working on documenting the tweaks in my guide a bit better... I posted a TuneXP overview not too long ago too. I'll be posting some reviews of alot of different tweaking apps in the near future along with making sure that I document as much as possible about what the settings do.

If any of you guys have any suggestions about the article I'm right here....

ktwebb said:
Obviously you did not click on my link. Might want to put in the effort.

Heh, i just thought it was the application TweakXP. Yea i've been on that site before and had forgot about it.

Back