windows XP trying to access files

sparks

2[H]4U
We had a person quit last week. I was given admin access to his computer.
I can not get to c:\Documents and Settings\HISNAME because I don't have access.
how/who has access to his documents folder?

can't says that I dont' have rights to it..
I called our network admin. Oh they put you in limited admins.
what is that..sounds like power user or backup operators or something.

but it aint admins. So they will have to change my rights. It seems that we have a thing called tickets here....we have to open 3 -4 tickets to get anything done..the it dept brags about record profits. I am trying to find out how to get an outside audit.

I wish I could get a company that gets paid for screwing up...and the more they screw up the more they make.
OH WAIT thats the government.... NEVER MIND

no network admin worth their salt would give you access to a domain admin account, thats why they put you in limited admins. and with an attitude like that, i'll be suprised if your problem gets solved any time soon.

what they really should do is copy all of the users documents into your documents folder on the network, im kind of suprised that they would give you access to the guys account.

I agree with BioPort too. When someone leaves my company, I transfer their home directory to someone else's directory (the person who needs to access their files). No one gets admin rights, but me.

well I have to have access to the programs he wrote while he was here.. AFTER 6 WEEKS of trying I am fed up.. THAT IS WHY I got and am mad. 6 weeks to get anything done is rediculous. They were informed yesteday (by the owner) get off your ass.

IF they were supposed to give me access to ALL files do it. If they want to move all files off the system and onto the network do it. BUT don't keep playing games of each directory open a new ticket...I can't get here. open a ticket...oh wait I can't get here..open a ticket...OVER AND OVER do it or don't.
THAT is what is wrong with our IT.
Can you imagine you have to get to something and you have no idea where and instead of looking everywhere you look in one spot...then have to get permission to look in the next on and on..

Back