Windows XP question

Soullfytribe345

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
194
Is it possible to create drop down menu's on the quick launch bar?

I want to create a folder called Games and toss all my desktop shortcuts to various games in there if this is possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
 
I don't believe you can. Why not just create a folder on your start menu, and put all your game shortcuts in there? It's also a quick and easy way to see what games are installed. Clean desktops FTW!
 
I dont wanna say no there isnt, but as far as i can see the taskbar isnt "mod" friendly. Now, you might find a way, but i would consider a different route. A drop down menu would be really sweet tho. Good idea btw. Perhaps you can just create links to all your games in the quick launch bar instead? Good luck!
 
I don't believe you can. Why not just create a folder on your start menu, and put all your game shortcuts in there? It's also a quick and easy way to see what games are installed. Clean desktops FTW!
What would you consider a "clean desktop"? I have like 3 icons on my Vista machine plus the sidebar. Would 3 be considered "messy"?
 
What would you consider a "clean desktop"? I have like 3 icons on my Vista machine plus the sidebar. Would 3 be considered "messy"?
Why ask a question that has no real answers? To some, 3 is too much. To some, 35 isn't enough. I don't like sticking more than three on my desktop, because I can keep them neatly organized in the Start Menu. The OP seemed to not want them all over his desktop, so I suggested a way to make the desktop cleaner, but have quick access to the shortcuts. You have to stare at your desktop all day, so you have to decide what's too much, not me.
 
The closest you can get is to create a new toolbar and add your game shortcuts to it.
I don't know of a way to add it to the existing quicklaunch bar.
 
Why ask a question that has no real answers? To some, 3 is too much. To some, 35 isn't enough. I don't like sticking more than three on my desktop, because I can keep them neatly organized in the Start Menu. The OP seemed to not want them all over his desktop, so I suggested a way to make the desktop cleaner, but have quick access to the shortcuts. You have to stare at your desktop all day, so you have to decide what's too much, not me.

Rawwr....down tiger....i just thought it would be fun to ask what people consider too much.
 
A crappy workaround would be this.

Place shorcuts to all your games in the quicklaunch toolbar. Then shrink your toolbar down to a manageable size. It the >> symbol on there. When you click the >> symbol it will be in a dropdown format.
 
A crappy workaround would be this.

Place shorcuts to all your games in the quicklaunch toolbar. Then shrink your toolbar down to a manageable size. It the >> symbol on there. When you click the >> symbol it will be in a dropdown format.


hmm, that may be exactly what im looking for. Ill try tonight when i get home from work. Good idea =)
 
Update - I just tried the toolbar idea and it worked like a charm, once you lock the toolbar it looks slick.

Thanks again!
 
Why ask a question that has no real answers? To some, 3 is too much. To some, 35 isn't enough. I don't like sticking more than three on my desktop, because I can keep them neatly organized in the Start Menu. The OP seemed to not want them all over his desktop, so I suggested a way to make the desktop cleaner, but have quick access to the shortcuts. You have to stare at your desktop all day, so you have to decide what's too much, not me.


Damned if I stare at the desktop all day. It's usually covered up with program windows.

The Quick Launch trick is a good one. Having shortcuts in a folder and including 'Desktop' as one of the displayed toolbars is another approach. (sub-munus from that are mouse-over, and the actual desktop icons can be set to 'hidden' for people who are anal about desktop tidiness.) Another trick is a Notification area entry.
 
Back
Top