Windows XP product activation AAARRRGGGGHHHH!

kernal_panic

Limp Gawd
I am so po'ed right now i can't see straight. Last thursday one of our Dell's crappy maxtor HHD took the dive of death. Called up punjab tech support he verified i had a bad hdd and sent me a replacement. i got it 25 hours later (cudos to dell and punjab support). in the meantime i rescued the image i had of the system from another disk partition and dumped it to an old ibm 20 giger and installed it so the user could work. i hooked the new hdd up and ghosted the temp over to the new hdd today. it works.

EXCEPT NOW I CAN'T LOG ONTO THE BOX BECAUSE MY PRODUCT ACTIVATION IS NOW INVALID. i got that message once and thats it. any attempt to log onto the system with that hdd results in the system logging you off. how the hell do i get into it to re activate?

Dell Outsources to India. Hence Punjab..

Google and dictionary.com is your best friend.

Originally posted by Wrench00
Dell Outsources to India. Hence Punjab..

Google and dictionary.com is your best friend.
Ah. So he knew he was talking to tech support in Punjab, India?

Wow, tech support gives out more info they used to.

hey XOR != OR are u taking personal offence to what kernal_panic had said? U shouldnt really waste ur time with stuff like this...

Originally posted by ST|FFY
hey XOR != OR are u taking personal offence to what kernal_panic had said? U shouldnt really waste ur time with stuff like this...
*shrug* I'm mainly just curious. I have a very hard time tolerating stupidity, racism being stupidity #1.

And it's You, and your. Sorry, enlish minor.

Originally posted by XOR != OR
*shrug* I'm mainly just curious. I have a very hard time tolerating stupidity, racism being stupidity #1.

And it's You, and your. Sorry, enlish minor.

Enlish minor? Me too!

Originally posted by Iconz1
Can't you spell??? Its ENGRISH!:D
Heh, alright, mistype, my bad.

English. It's early, and I haven't had nearly enough caffiene yet.

Back