Windows XP on a MacBook Pro?

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

Does anyone know how well Windows XP runs or is supported by the MacBook Pro (13" to be specific)? Is it equally usable as on any other laptop?

I'm mostly interested in knowing how well the multitouch touchpad works in XP. Is it possible to do any of the gestures, most importantly smooth two finger scrolling in XP? I usually use two-finger-scroll utility on Synaptics-based laptops for that, so it'd a shame if you couldn't do it on a MBP.

Also, is the GeForce 320M supported well in the 13" MBP? Can it run older games okay (2000~2005-ish)?

Any experiences/info would be appreciated; thanks.

Last edited:
Two-finger scrolling works, at least I know it worked on my 2008 MacBook. I don't think the 3- and 4-finger gestures work in Windows, but that's just my experience... I'm sure there's a third-party driver out there somewhere that allows you to use all the gestures in Windows.

2 finger scrolling is the only multitouch feature supported officially IIRC. Honestly, its not that great in Windows. It's a lot smoother in OS X.

Nice to know it's supported officially. But is it smooth, i.e. you can scroll a few pixels at a time, rather than a certain number of lines at a time (i.e. non-smooth)?

With the two-finger-scroll utility, the two finger scrolling on Synaptics pads is smooth under Windows, so I don't think I can settle for non-smooth. ;/

Me, but let's not dwell on that point or try to convince me otherwise. I'm well aware of Windows 7 and Mac OS X superiority; XP is more of a toy for me.

Back