Windows Xp not booting scsi issue also... help would be greatly appreciated.

fiewtoid

Weaksauce
I am helping someone fix their Alienware laptop (area 51m 7700). It won't boot into windows the xp symbol comes up and the little load bar comes up and goes through a couple times then stops. I tried boot into safe mode and it loads some drives then stops at a point and just sits there. So I think that it is missing a file so I try the xp cd and of course it doesn't recognize the hard drive. So I burnt a copy of the windows cd with the raid drivers using nlite. It worked and recognized the drive when I boot to the partition section of the cd. Then it just sits there at examining the drive. I let it sit for a couple of minutes and it did nothing. The hard drive light wasn't blinking nor was the cd spinning.. There are also non raid drivers for the laptop but I know it is running raid 0.

Could the nonraid files be for a different brand of hardware?

Should I just let the laptop sit on the examining hard drive screen?

Should I try the non raid drivers?

Would maybe flashing the bios to the latest version maybe help with the windows problem?

Promise Non-RAID Controller Driver 1.00.0.29

Promise RAID Controller Driver 1.00.1.37

Thank you for your help and time for looking at this mess!! I am extremely tired just worked a 12 hour shift and I apologize for the grammar and punctuation errors...

Try booting from an unaltered XP CD, pressing F6 and loading the SCSI drivers manually.

I don't have a usb floppy laying around or else I would : \

Tried to use respawn aka norton ghost. Tried to load the drive so I could restore to defualt and it froze. I think one of the drives are bad, but wouldn't the pc not eve semi boot??

I am so lost by this problem..

Back