Windows XP Media Center: photos fail to display correctly?

mutatedjellyfish

Weaksauce
Hey, I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I set up a Windows XP Media Center box for a digital picture frame/ mp3-stereo things for my new apartment, and everything works peachy except the slide show. No matter if I have it on animated transitions or fading, it will show a picture, fade to black, stay black for about 10 seconds, then fade in another picture.

If it helps at all, its choosing not to display certain pictures: if I restart the slide show, it will choose to not display other pictures. It just comes up black instead of a picture. Some pictures it wouldn't display before, it will now display.

All pictures are jpegs.

Anyone seen anything like this? Thanks for your help.

It seems to go by threes. It will display pictures 3,6,9, with 2 black screens between each, then it will go back and display 2,5,8, with 2 black screens between each, then it will go back and display 1,4,7, again, with 2 black screens between each.

What in the hell?

The "not displaying certain pictures" just sounds like a randomized picture issue. Do you wait for it to cycle through? Even if it cycles through to the first starting picture, it doesn't display some of them?
In all honesty I think you have it on a random setting.

As for the black screen, do the black screens appear between each photo? I think you may have it on some sort of delay setting, although I wouldn't have any idea WHAT sort of setting.

I've fiddled with all of the settings, and nothing has produced a different result. The same thing happens no matter what the settings.

It cycles through the pictures, but it just doesn't display certain ones and shows a black screen instead. Then on the next cycle, it'll display a different set of pictures and black out other ones. I'll illustrate. I'll go and select picture 1 of 10 pictures and cycle through them by hand, no slide show. bracketed pictures are not shown and a black screen is shown instead. Unbracketed pictures are shown as normal:

[1] [2] 3 [4] [5] 6 [7] [8] 9 [10]; [1] 2 [3] [4] 5 [6] [7] 8 [9] [10]; 1 [2] [3] 4 [5] [6] 7 [8] [9] 10;

Then it starts the pattern over. It completely skips over the bracketed pictures and displays a black screen instead. But it has no problems showing previously skipped pictures in another cycle...

I'm so confused. :confused:

Back