Windows XP installs and USB Devices

raksasas

Limp Gawd
I have noticed over the last several months that after I do fresh installs of XP that it seems that I get asked for Admin user name and password to install almost any USB device. (This is at work). I noticed this due to the increase of help desk calls pertaining to it's asking me to install a USB keyboard, mouse or flash drives on laptops and desktop computers.

I am wondering if this is due to using nLite to slipstream updates (RyanVM update packs) and Sata drivers.

Has anyone else ran into the problem of being asked to install almost all USB devices?

I've never seen that, and I would call it weird, but then you mentioned nLite. I've seen nothing but trouble with using nLite, all for very very minimal gains, assuming it actually doesn't muck up the install. My personal stance is to avoid nLite like the plague, in terms of removing things. It's a godsend to add in controller drivers, but that's all it should be used for.

Is there any easy/quick to use program to slipstream sata drivers other then nlite?

No, for that I'd still stick to using nLite for. I just would skip the section of removing and trimming "unnecessary" components.

Back