Windows xp home problem Help

infospace

Limp Gawd
I have installed windows xp home and when ever I try to open the control panel from start settings and I click on control panel it takes a while for it to come up. All my other programs pop up in a flash like IE or anything else I click on. And the longer the computer is on the slower the control panel opens when I click it. Sometimes it takes like 6 to 12 seconds to appear and while thats happening my start button is frozen untill the controll panel opens. But if I click on another icon on the desktop while I'm waiting for the controll panel to open that program opens and then immediatly the controll panel pops open right after it. This is really weird Ive never experienced something like this. If someone can let me know what to here I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Infospace

I never read of anything like that before. If you just installed the OS why not just install it over again instead of using all the time to fiddle around with it.

hardware monitoring? I've ran into that before to an app that wants its own *.exe in the control panel. but yikes it really could be a bunch of things. I'd just get removing what you don't need but I am THE biggest advocate of formatting. in less than an hour I am up and running again but run my system so it can be done, many do not

as with computers, what's the last thing that was done before it started happening? there lies the answer. ..I'd just look at everything. hardware, bios settings and critique windows with a fine tooth comb.

g'luk

How can I find out if its hardware monitoring wanting its own .exe in controll panel?

Thanks
Infospace

Back