windows xp doing the sign in screen how do i remove it??

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
when i boot my computer it goes to the screen where i have to choose the user it was doin this until i installed crysis. Also when i go to screen saver then i go back to my computer it doesnt go stright to desk top it goes to the sign on screen.

This usually has something to do with the installation of one of the versions of .NET Framework.

To fix the screen saver issue, go into your Desktop Properties > Screen Saver tab: Uncheck "On Resume, Password Protect".

As far as the login issue...try visiting Windows Update and ensure you have all of the .NET related updates. That works most of the time for me.

If that doesn't work you can install TweakUI XP and turn on the Auto Logon feature.

control panel user accounts

delete the .net one, or any that you dont use

or do start | Run | control userpasswords2 and uncheck the checkbox for users must enter a username and password... then put in the credentials for the user u want to auto login

or do start | Run | control userpasswords2 and uncheck the checkbox for users must enter a username and password... then put in the credentials for the user u want to auto login

Make sure you uncheck the account you are using and not the admin.

Back