• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows XP: Cut and Paste doesn't work sometimes

Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
823
I'm stumped on this one. I have Win XP Home, SP2, relatively new installation (6 months old) and no spyware/viruses/overclocking.

Sometimes, the cut and paste feature just won't work, and I'll have to reboot to correct it. This is with all applications.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
G
 
happens to me all the time to, i copy from something to another program and get nothing, have to try twice to make it work.
 
Happens to me, too. Not often, but it happens. Maybe I CTRL + V to quickly. I dunno. It's annoying but nothing that'll send me to the gun store.
 
Happens to me too, but I just figure its my own fault cuz I'm too quick on the keyboard. I just do it again and it works.
 
At least I know I'm not the only one with this - it's annoying as hell when it happens. If I find something out, I'll let you all know. :)
 
It happens to me all the time here @ work on a W2K box. I only notice it on FireFox though.

annoying is the right word.
 
I notice it if I close down what I was copying from. Sometimes it works, others it don't. Most often it's when copying and closing down a network share window when it does it. I just reopen the window and copy it again and it works. Meh.
 
Same here... I just got in the habit of of pressing ctrl+c a couple of times whenever I want to copy. :p
 
Interesting topic.

I've noticed that it only seems to happen to me on boxes which have Firefox installed and set as default browser. I'd be interested to hear if others experiencing it have that configuration also, or if they experience it under other circumstances.
 
Same here! I hadn't tried pushing copy repeatedly, was hoping that'd fix it - no. I literally highlight a selection, right click it, and click Copy, but when I go to right click, Paste is grayed out!

When I reboot, it works for a while, but at some point it breaks again. Is there really no fix?
 
My copies don't always work either, but this is something that I've long had a problem with in Windows. I don't have Firefox installed at all, though I use the related SeaMonkey - I think it's a Windows program rather than anything browser-related though (unless the copying problem only occurs from the browser).
 
Back
Top