Windows XP 64bit - Media Center?

Groffy77

n00b
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
8
Does anyone know of when or if Microsoft will release a 64bit version of Windows XP Media Center Edition? I want to upgrade to a 64bit OS, but don't want to lose my Media Center features. Or, if I upgraded to Windows XP Professional 64bit if theres any 3rd party programs to install that work like Media Center -- or if theres a way to install Microsoft's Media Center on the OS.

Thanks! :)
 
You'd probably be best off dual booting Media Center and XP 64 bit. I don't believe there is a 64 bit MC edition...
 
There's no 64 bit Media Center, and probably won't be. There are plenty of apps out there, such as BeyondTV 4 that give all or more of the features of Media Center OS. You will have to check on their 64 bit compatibility
 
Get Win XP x64.

As for the MC alternatives, you could use:
nStant Media that comes with nVidia Pureview.
Nero Home comes with Nero 7 Ultra edition (not sure about other editions)

That's all I can come up with ATM. I don't have a MC PC even though I use MCE.

EDIT: Also http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediaportal/
 
Back
Top