windows xp 64bit edition vs vista 64bit

JVC

[H]ard|Gawd
what do you guys think, anybody have gone from vista x64 to xp 64? it seems like a logical thing to do since vista x64 still have bugs. at least i can address my 8gb of ram. would you or have you done it?

I think I read your post backward. I thought you were asking if anyone had upgraded from XP x64 to Vista X64. Which I have done, although I differ from you -- I haven't had any issues.

I'm not sure why it would be a good idea to move from Vista x64 to XP x64; are you experiencing specific "bugs" or is it more Vista's bad reputation?

You could always start looking for SP2 for Vista? I actually have more issues and compatibility problems with XP x64 than I do with Vista x64.

I did this, I went from Vista x64 to XP64 on my old laptop. The reasons involved my general lack of need for Vista, and I didn't have the RAM or disk space to have this big OS installed. Luckily I found drivers for everything, though it was an old Dell without all that much stuff.

When I replaced it with a Sager 5793 I tried to keep XP64, but I never found working drivers for a couple of the devices, and it has a bigger hard drive and more RAM, and a 8800M GTX that was fully capable of DX10, so I went back to Vista x64 and I am happy with it for the most part.

There is a range of 64-bit machines that might not be quite strong enough for Vista x64 but have no reason to be running XP32. My old Dell fell into that category.

Back