• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows will not boot after oc...

mikecoscia

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
436
I was messing around with the multi and FSB. Everything was working fine and decided to put everything back to stock for the nite. WHen I rebooted everything posted fine and when the windows logo should have came up.....nothing. I tried resetting the cmos, didn't work. I thought maybe the HDD got wiped clean. So i tried to reformat, however windows was still on the drive. I am at a loss guys and pretty upset if I loose all my info. Ideas please....
 
try unplugging it, removing the bios battery and pulling out the ram. let it sit over night, put it back together the next day. if it does the same, try running memtest86, see if you get any errors.

if none of that works, all you can do is find a similar machine and test your parts one by one.

edit: did you try using the windows repair console from the windows disk?
 
tried reseting cmos, nothing. Yah I tried the repair on the windows xp cd, I didnt want to touch anything when I saw the partition was still there.
 
you might have still corrupted the boot sector. when ram starts the flake out higher fsb speeds, it happens.
 
okay i repaired the boot sector now it says on bootup missing or corruped windows/system32/config/system. I tried to do a repair but it keeps sending me to recovery console in a dos setting.
 
mikecoscia said:
okay i repaired the boot sector now it says on bootup missing or corruped windows/system32/config/system. I tried to do a repair but it keeps sending me to recovery console in a dos setting.

dont hit "r" at the first screen, hit enter to "install" it will then give you the option to hit "r" to repair, thats the repair you wanna do.
 
Back
Top