Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Delayed?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rumors from unconfirmed sources claim that Windows Vista Service Pack 2 will be delayed by a month. I’m not sure how it can be “delayed” when no release has been given by Microsoft but who knows. Anyhow, I think getting it done right is more important that getting it done fast, don't you?

News site TechArp is reporting an unnamed but reliable source has revealed the final release candidate of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is scheduled for release in March, 2009. The finalized code will then be made available to hardware manufacturers and OEMs sometime during Q2 2009.

Same here, We all want Windows 7 anyway :D
Oh Wait Vista Sp2 is Windows 7 :p

lol I'm content with Vista64 SP1 on my main computer. However I have 2 other computers with XP Pro I wouldn't mind upgrading to Win7.

This could be really good news. The beta SP2 has been out for Vista for a while and nothing significant in terms of performance or annoyance was fixed in it. So if maybe they are going to back code some of the performance improvements from 7 into Vista I would love to wait for that. I dont expect them to put the new task bar etc... in there, but if there are relatively easy changes to make to improve Vista's performance.... I feel they owe it to use Vista users. If there are no new features planned different than the Vista SP2 Beta, screw it... get windows 7 for me the SP2 is not enough

imo they should put most of the stuff from 7 in to it
namely the taskbar, gadgets being part of the shell, ISO buring
i dont see why they cant be put in a SP

It would nice if they would add a lot of the features from Windows 7. I wouldn't count on it though, they need people to buy the new version.

I've been running the SP2 beta for some time now. I've noticed a few minor issues. But overall nothing to bad.

The "delay" comes from it being estimated before that it would arrive sometime in April. Now they are saying May or June. While no date was ever given there at least had been talk and some assumption (not sure how valid though) that we would see it come April.

I am currently very satisfied with XP right now but love W7, so I will just wait for the RTM this fall....

i've already made the switch from vista to windows 7. at this point i see no reason to go back. if you're using vista now you'll find 7 is at least as stable if not more and much faster.

ms would be stupid to make sp2 anywhere near as good as windows 7 as it would hurt windows 7 sales.

Don't mean to sound flippant about it but I just don't care...

I just want SC2, HL3, Elder Scrolls V and System Shock 3.

operating systems...:rolleyes:

Why would they put all of this in Vista when 7 is going to be out for sale in a few months?

i've already made the switch from vista to windows 7. at this point i see no reason to go back. if you're using vista now you'll find 7 is at least as stable if not more and much faster.

ms would be stupid to make sp2 anywhere near as good as windows 7 as it would hurt windows 7 sales.

What are you doing for drivers? Do you use Vista drivers?

Back