• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WIndows Vista Networking

obviouslytom

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
38,932
Recently I installed the SP1 Beta for Vista on my laptop and today I began to have some weird network issues. First my audio cut out and then I got error messages that said the svchost.exe for audio crashed, then I would get a DHCP client has stopped working error.

and now I have this when I look at ipconfig in the command prompt
networkerrorss5.jpg


Anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?
 
Do you know what your settings are supposed to be? If so just setup your laptop to do static addressing.
 
I dont know what those tunnel adapters are. They were not there yesterday and now for some reason they are and are screwing with the system. I have uninstalled every network thing on my laptop and they remain there
 
tunnel adapters are for stuff like ipv6 tunnelling, shhl tunelling and etc, thats where I hear the term anyways, mind you I'm fairly clueless when it comes to networking so don't take my word, but rather as a few suggestions that might lead you the right way or not?

If I had to guess, I would say something to do with IPV6, try disabling IPV6 completely and using only IPV4. Again this is just a stab in the dark.
 
If that is indeed the correct default gateway, then atleast your IP settings appear to be correct. Didn't Vista used to have a known issue with network dropouts related to audio? I wouldn't know, I refuse to upgrade yet...
 
Starting with basics here... does ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew work?

Second what was said- Tunnel adapters are basically for IPv6, which chances are you aren't using, so you can ignore those pretty easily (doubt disabling it will do anything, but you can try).

Other than getting an error- does connectivity drop out or what?

Are you usually connected via wireless? Do you have a wired connection?
 
Starting with basics here... does ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew work?

Second what was said- Tunnel adapters are basically for IPv6, which chances are you aren't using, so you can ignore those pretty easily (doubt disabling it will do anything, but you can try).

Other than getting an error- does connectivity drop out or what?

Are you usually connected via wireless? Do you have a wired connection?

ipconfig works but it will it will still show all those connections.

connectivity does not drop out at all and I usually connect wirelessly but right now I am wired in to my router.

EDIT: I am trying to disable the IPv6 but whenever I go to the Network and Sharing Center, it locks up and won't let me do anything. Is there another way I can get to the spot that I need to disable it?
 
It looks like you may have a VPN client installed...
 
Just seeing the tunnels there isn't a problem...
I have them as well.

I think more than likely your audio driver is faulty, which causes DHCP to fail (odd though). I don't think it is anything to do with these tunnels.
 
Back
Top