Windows Vista Family Discount Upgrade not Working

coold8

Limp Gawd
Hi, I bought a copy of Ultimate hoping to recieve the Home Premium upgrade discount ($49.99). Whenever I submit my Ultimate Code hoping to receive the upgrade I get the following error:

We're sorry, the following error(s) have occurred:
No Offer Found

Has anyone succeeded in making this microsoft product work? Thanks.

Maybe it's because Vista hasen't launched yet? I know they will be selling Vista as a download on thier website and it's not up yet. Will have to give it a few hours.

Hi all,

I called Microsoft today, the man did not know what the promotion was. After referencing the links, the man said he would escalate the ticket, and took my product key. He said I will receive a response by tomorrow.

coold8, keep us updated, i want to use that deal when i get my ultimate copy ;)

If anyone had any better success than me with the Ultimate upgrade, plz post so I can call up and yell. Thanks.

UPDATE:

I was able to purchase my keys today. After purchasing them, Windows Vista is claiming they are Invalid! Wonderful! I call the support number listed, I wait about 5 minutes on the phone and I am told that this is indeed a known issue among ALL KEYS! Yay! I will recieve a resposne in 1-2 business days. Tick Tock Tick Tock, the OS works fine too bad Microsoft doesn't.

UPDATE:

I was able to purchase my keys today. After purchasing them, Windows Vista is claiming they are Invalid! Wonderful! I call the support number listed, I wait about 5 minutes on the phone and I am told that this is indeed a known issue among ALL KEYS! Yay! I will recieve a resposne in 1-2 business days. Tick Tock Tick Tock, the OS works fine too bad Microsoft doesn't.
Thing is it aint MS that's handling the promo, yet another obviously poor choice of a 3rd party Co. :rolleyes: Thier Upgrade website continues to be a MAJOR problem to almost everyone that uses it. Last time I heard, the credit card section wasn't working. It would not take ANY credit card. It REALLY makes me want to run right out and participate in yet another half baked promo.

It REALLY makes me want to run right out and participate in yet another half baked promo.
No matter the problems this 3rd party is experiencing, it's still one HELLUVA deal, and the money you'll save is worth the hassle overall. I'm glad I read of the issues before I purchased my keys, so now I can wait until it's all fixed.

No matter the problems this 3rd party is experiencing, it's still one HELLUVA deal, and the money you'll save is worth the hassle overall. I'm glad I read of the issues before I purchased my keys, so now I can wait until it's all fixed.
vJust wondering are all 3 copies retail.? I've seen quite a few ads, and nowhere does it state that they are.

Well here is the deal,

On Monday night I went to the Vista Celebration at my CompUSA store and bought myself a Retail Vista Ultimate Upgrade.
Because I bought a Vista Ultimate Upgrade, I immediately qualified for a discounted Home Premium for up to 2 copies through the family pack.
The 2 copies I purchased today were the family pack copies.
The way the family pack works is, you use your Windows Vista Ultimate DVD to install, but you enter in your Home Premium key (therefore your Windows Vista DVD is now a Home Premium DVD for installation purposes).
The keys that were sent as part of the offer were invalid keys. Many people have reported this problem.

Hope that clears up any issues.

As far as Moduslink Upgrades, I bought a Gateway Laptop and qualify for a free Windows Vista Business Upgrade and never got the problem sorted out. I have to remember to call them, although not sure if it is worth the hassle. I will probably just sell it in the end anyway.

UPDATE:

As of last night 2/3/07 New Working Windows Vista Home Premium Keys have been sent. Both keys have been able to be activated. They are upgrade keys though, and therefore I had to do the upgrade work around while doing a clean install.

Any person who got a bad key should call Microsoft at the bottom of the receipt for instructions on how to receive a new key.

Have a good one!

I hear ya man, I had to do a reformat on my 2 laptops causing a big set back in my weekend. Well, I am finally done with my Vista Upgrade Project, only took 6 days to upgrade 3 Machines! Arghhh! It is a nice and spazzy OS though. I just can't wait for Nvidia SLI support.

Back