• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows Vista Dynmic storage?

Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
584
reference; computer will be using 3 HD, Disk0 Disk1 & Disk2


I'm gona build my new rig in couple of months. I will be installing windows Pro on Disk0, then I will make Disk 1 and 2 dynamic for RAID1. Later on this year I probably going to get Vista Business edition. Going to Install Vista on Disc0 which Disck0 will have 2 partitions for both windows "dual boot"
I don't know that Vista will support dynamic disk or the same version that XP and 2000 uses.
anyone knows?
Disk1&2 will be for all my data.
 
Just to confirm, "Dynamic Disk" is Windows' software RAID?

Since you are building a new system in a couple months, why don't you just use hardware RAID? Almost any decent motherboard comes with onboard RAID today.

That would solve the compatibility question (unless you have some reason to stick with the software method).
 
Back
Top