windows vista and the defualt browser.

Rampage1329

[H]ard|Gawd
FF is my default browser, yet for some reason when i double click links in mIRC the sites will open in ie7. I'm using vista ultimate but I never experienced this behavior in winxp. I'm also using the nonamescript for mirc. This is just a minor annoyance and maybe there is some registry or IRC guru who might be able to fix this problem.

Check your mirc.ini file. I bet you'll see iexplore.exe in there somewhere.

Might be a problem with Vista...I have the same problem as FF is my default browser but whenever I click a link in AIM it opens in IE.

if somebody can tell me a way to set Firefox Portable as the default browser, I'll be very grateful.

open mirc.ini and type this line somewhere under [files]

browser=c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

Also, under the Default Programs link (in the Control Panel), check to make sure that Firefox is set as the default for everything, and that IE isn't the default for anything.

my.php

Don't think associating FF with the remaining 3 will fix this.

Somethin wrong with the IMG tags?

It could be that any links are being interpreted as internet shortcuts - try changing the default program for .URL to Firefox and see that changes anything.

I can't uncheck .url for internet explorer. Someone locate the monopoly police, vista is secretly trying to steal all of the internet traffic. Do you think we can start a list of programs that this occurs in?

mirc with or without nonamescript.

I can't uncheck .url for internet explorer. Someone locate the monopoly police, vista is secretly trying to steal all of the internet traffic. Do you think we can start a list of programs that this occurs in?

mirc with or without nonamescript.

This occurs in anything that you click on. Gmail notifier opens in IE, AIM links open in IE. I want to click and see Firefox pop up!!!

I wonder if we need to submit a bug report for this, or is it going to be cleared with service pack 1.

Back