Windows Vista, a true resource hog?

stopmenow

Limp Gawd
some people are saying that vista current release, runs very slow on 3+ ghz computers, is it true?

Every version of Windows so far has been bigger the the previous ones, but the beta is probably worse off than the final release will be. It may also depend on thier hardware drivers.

Considering XP runs MUCH faster than NT 4 SP6 does on the same computer, I will wager Vista will be the same way over XP.

You may need more RAM, but it will hardly be slow on a 3.GHZ computer. Unless of course you're getting your info from the Mac and Linux die-hards. In that case, Vista will bog your FX-60 machine down to the likings of a commodore 64. Then it will steal your wallet and knock-up your sister.

the last time i personally tested longhorn was when it was longhorn version 4.51 i think. i it runned damn fast, and a lot more responseve. i wonder why people are saying that about the latest version. thanks.

people, post more here, thanks.

there will be many bells and whistles that people like us will be able to dissable, just like in XP you can dissable the visual enhancements.

Eh, I do the same thing on every new Windows install. All lame visual FX off, simple uxtheme mod for pretty themes with no perf hit from the likes of WindowBlinds, and simple, minimalist usable Windows results. Puffffect Windows-u.

Back