Windows updates won't install

whisper

Limp Gawd
For the past few weeks the following three Microsoft updates have repeatedly tried to download/install, but each time the process seems to "reset" and I am notified once again that these updates are ready. Each time, the process appears to complete but then the same updates keep coming up. Clearly they are not being installed or are not registering as such. I've also noticed since this started happening I have not received any other updates which is unusual over a period of several weeks. I have the impression I am "stuck" until I can either force these to install or tell Windows to forget about them and move on. Any ideas?

1. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)

3. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168)

I'm running Windows XP Home Version 2002 w/ Service Pack 3

I have these same updates failing on one of my xp machines,xp home sp3,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try to download them manual maybe?

Or could try AutoPatcher

Back