Windows update problem

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok I run windows update to update my sisters laptop. It downloads everything then IE7 goes throuhg its spill but when it closes the wondow says that none of the updates were successfully installed. I hit close instead of restart then Windows Update says the reason the update fail was because Automatic Updates was currently installing them. I launch security center and automatic updates says nothing about it installing anything.

I did this twice then just said fuck it and turned off automatic updates. I restart and windows crys that auto update is off so i know it took effect. I run the update again and it still says that automatic updates is currently installing the updates.

What the hell is going on here?

Well, try this. Install the update before goign to sleep, it could be that windows was just taking forever to install them. Alternatively, go to the windows download section of microsoft's website and just download the updates from there. Then you can run it whenever you want, don't need to do the validation check, and it won't cause any security programs to freak out because of installs occuring in the background.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...roductID=4C937A02-BAE0-4317-A1A9-0C56CD979D05

Back