windows update keepspdating same damn thing

RP_JAKE454

Limp Gawd
...wtf..everytime i log onto winxp for the last 3 weeks it has been saying there are updates...i go to update and its some windows media player thing EVERY damn time....i dont get it...i know its the same thing but it keeps asking to install every day...now its asking every mintue after i install it.. :confused: anyone else have this happen?

Yes im getting that too.

Everyday i get an automatic update for Windows Media Player Script Commands or something like that.

Its pissing me off.

Had that happen with a win2k update a while back, after a while it seemed to fix itself.

yea this isnt the first update its happened with to me that fixed itself...ill just wait it out

It's a pain, but, if you can track down just exactly what to search for, you can sometimes find an executable hotfix intended for networks or offline PCs. Something like that might fix the issue.

Maybe it's something to do with the preperation of SP2's release? I has RC2 for the last few weeks and it's been fine, no updates. Now I have the final version of SP2 and still no problems.

how do i get sp2? ill check the microsoft site..but it seems like people are having problems with it/..? is it worth downloading?

RP_JAKE454 said:
how do i get sp2? ill check the microsoft site..but it seems like people are having problems with it/..? is it worth downloading?

I'm having 0 problems. Link to download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

It has been actually fixing some problems for people. I personally think that the people with problems, just have some driver "complications." And some shit doesnt work because it's not ment for SP2. Just make sure you back yo' shit up.

RP_JAKE454 said:

Some people are having problems, others are reporting that it makes things faster/better/stronger :D.

RP_JAKE454 said:
...wtf..everytime i log onto winxp for the last 3 weeks it has been saying there are updates...i go to update and its some windows media player thing EVERY damn time....i dont get it...i know its the same thing but it keeps asking to install every day...now its asking every mintue after i install it.. :confused: anyone else have this happen?

Make sure to check your date and time on your PC - I had a similar situation happen, only to find out that the PC was set for year 2001, and not 2004. Throws the MS Update site for a loop when scanning for updates. :rolleyes:

Back