Windows Update Keeps Trying to Install Printer Drivers

Cod

Gawd
For the past week (or so), when I boot my gaming PC, I keep getting a message from WU stating my printer drivers are awaiting install. So I click the install now button and WU immediately updates to the green check mark (everything is up-to-date). However, the process repeats when I restart my PC again.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Any help is appreciated.

Download the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer and install those after uninstslling the driver windows installed. It is likely more recent thsn the windows one and windows shouldn't try to replace it. If that doesnt work you can disable the driver update service

try doing a disk clean up select system files and make sure updates get deleted. see if that helps. if not try the wuauserv reset method.

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out the USB port I was using for the controller had a screwed up driver. Windows couldn't figure out the problem was with the USB while the adapter was plugged in. Once I unplugged the dongle, the real problem surfaced and it was an easy fix.

Download the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer and install those after uninstslling the driver windows installed. It is likely more recent thsn the windows one and windows shouldn't try to replace it. If that doesnt work you can disable the driver update service

Only under Windows 10 Professional and above.

I have an HP Color Laserjet on my network and Windows 10 obsessively tries to keep installing a new printer driver on every computer on my network. Installing the actual HP printer driver usually works - but only for a few months or so until windows update finds one to try to install over and over again. Almost easier to just ignore it but still annoying.

I have an HP Color Laserjet on my network and Windows 10 obsessively tries to keep installing a new printer driver on every computer on my network. Installing the actual HP printer driver usually works - but only for a few months or so until windows update finds one to try to install over and over again. Almost easier to just ignore it but still annoying.

I've experienced this exact issue with HP printers, very annoying.

Just wanted to add another HP printer with a driver error via Win Update here as well.

Back