Windows Update (KB951338) Power Point 2007

Nizmatik

Weaksauce
Hi all. Not sure if anyone can help with this one, but its a little annoying. I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop with MS Office 2003 installed with SP3. It appears an update (KB951338) is available for download (Power Point) however always fails to install. When I checked the details of the update, I then realised it was patched for Power Point 2007. I'm thinking, uh I don't have Power Point 2007, I have Power Point 2003! So it made sense why I could apply the patch to my version of Power Point.

Is there anyway for Windows Update to understand I don't require this update? I know its nothing major however its rather annoying knowing there is a notification in my taskbar saying an update is ready, but it can't be installed.

In addition I have Office 2003 installed on my desktop pc, with Office 2003 (SP3) which doesn't seem to have issues with this.

Any help? Cheers!

It is possible to right-click on the update and choose "Hide update", which might accomplish what you need? I'm guessing this is a recommended or important update though, and it's possible it might not be available for those - I don't have any pending to check.

Back