Windows Update installs updates, but they're still listed under updates

mpeg4v3

Gawd
This girl on our floor is getting all of the symptoms of the good ole blaster worm and it's 1 minute to reboot issues. I figured I could just windows update until I fix it.
So I install the updates. They install fine, no errors, and windows update says they're installed. Reboot, the same updates are listed. Try once again, and again it says the same ones are listed after I reboot. So I try through automatic updates, and, once again, the same thing. The updates just aren't installing besides saying that they are installed.
I then download the stand-alone blaster worm patch. Run it, and right after I click "I Agree" and hit next, the window just closes, no errors or anything. Try again, same thing. Try in safe mode, same thing.
I've never had a problem with this before, does anyone have any recommendations?

I had the same thing on a system I was working on. I ran Spybot and Ad-aware and cleaned off so much crap... But I had to let Spybot start at reboot to catch the app-killer. Try that and see if you can get those updates to take. It may be some nastiness in the box. Umm, no pun intended. ;)

Back