windows transfer rate refresh

How do you get the transfer rate to update quicker when you are downloading something?

I would like it so that the transfer rate shows the "actual" download rate, and not the average...

might you care to tell us what program you are downloading things with?
all the download functions in browsers i have seen give the current rate, maybe averaged over the past 2 seconds

I finally found the login ID and password for this account. LOL

I think what I was trying to ask was back in the day (windows 98 / ME), when you downloaded a file using internet explorer, the update of the kb/sec was faster. Now is seems like it only updates every 1 second and I remember the numbers would be jumping all over the place on high speed connections. A few years later it seems (IE5) the refresh interval was like every 1 second. I can't seem to find if there was a setting / registry key that set the update rate or anything like that.

Wow, a double Lazarus. OP in 2004, necromanced in 2006, and then resurected once more in 2009.

I honestly do not remember how to change the download update speed in IE5's download manager, there was a way to do it though. Back then I used download managers since IE lacked pause and resume and most of them showed actual download speeds averaged every half second to 2 seconds, one of them would actually graph it for you, but I don't recall which one that was now. I currently use the built in download managers in FF or IE7pro.

In 2004 when many were just starting to get broad band I would guess that some wanted to see the difference in black and grey. As though a web page loading in 3 seconds compared to 15, or a download taking 10 seconds instead of a minute, was a hard to see difference.

Back