Windows Time Sync Issues

Adam

[H]ard|Gawd
So I build DVR's for a living and one big problem im having is some of my clients have multiple DVR's on site, and the times are not accurate. Some clients are even off by minutes, hours, not sure why the systems time is so off, but its a problem.

The built in windows time sync doesnt work. We're running a combo of SP2 and SP3 machines.

Can anybody recommend some software (wether i run a server here to sync to, or its centralized) that will let my windows machines sync up properly?

you can try using local group policy to decrease the ntp polling interval?
gpedit.msc
Computer Config -> Admin Templates -> System -> Windows Time Service -> Time Providers

I don't know of any ntp client apps off the top of my head.

I've never had an issue with the built in windows ntp services. Even through some of the most messed up networks, that's been the one thing that hasn't taken a dump.

So what do the error logs say? My money is on a misconfiguration, either on the windows machine itself or on the network.

How can you misconfigure it, lol its built into windows and doesnt require anybody touching it.

i change it to use the nasa.gov or some other ones. windows time server lot of time doesnt respond to me

So I build DVR's for a living and one big problem im having is some of my clients have multiple DVR's on site, and the times are not accurate. Some clients are even off by minutes, hours, not sure why the systems time is so off, but its a problem.

Adam,

Can your DVRs connect to Comcast? I've been told by their customer service agents that they allow only their own settop boxes/DVRs and Tivo. Nothing else.

Back