windows sp2 = piece of crap

Silent Assasin

[H]ard|Gawd
OK, well the other day while i was at work, my windows update decided to go against my freewill and download/install sp2. When i got home, it prompted me to restart my comp.... WTF, but whatever..... The minute i restarted i had like 20 popups that were tryin to block like half of my programs I use. I told it to unblock all of them. But lately none of those programs have been working proberly..... Then whenever I try to install or reinstal sumthin my system crashes. So i today i finaly had it with this sp2 and went to uninstall it, it didn't work, everytime i tried my comp would spontanously restart. Same thing would happen when i tried doing a system restore......

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can either fix these probs or just get rid of sp2 all together without doin a whole reformat....?

Try to go under Control Panel and you should see a new icon name Security Center or something like that. Go into it and turn off the firewall and see if that helps.

1. Tell us what services you have disabled.
  2. Tell us whether you have an overclock.
  3. Tell us the list of programs you have issues with, as well as other programs.
  4. Tell us your system specs.

Why generalize the entire sp2 for whats (probably) user error? I personally find sp2 to work great, flawless, faster, and better in every aspect, as long as you tweak it properly.

GreNME said:
  1. Tell us what services you have disabled.
  2. Tell us whether you have an overclock.
  3. Tell us the list of programs you have issues with, as well as other programs.
  4. Tell us your system specs.

I second...

Silent Assasin said:
OK, well the other day while i was at work, my windows update decided to go against my freewill and download/install sp2. When i got home, it prompted me to restart my comp.... WTF, but whatever..... The minute i restarted i had like 20 popups that were tryin to block like half of my programs I use. I told it to unblock all of them. But lately none of those programs have been working proberly..... Then whenever I try to install or reinstal sumthin my system crashes. So i today i finaly had it with this sp2 and went to uninstall it, it didn't work, everytime i tried my comp would spontanously restart. Same thing would happen when i tried doing a system restore......

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can either fix these probs or just get rid of sp2 all together without doin a whole reformat....?

You really need to tell us a little more about what programs that you are having issues with. Also take a look here for a bit more information on our house. The Rules

You should also change your sig, as the pictures won't work. ;)

Zlash said:
No it didn't. Obviously you have automatic updates on.
Yeah, that was my thought. Now, I don't run xp ( or xp sp1 ), but as I recall, you have to setup Automatic Updates to do this kind of behavior.

Back