Windows SMP error

Hi guys I keep getting this error

Code:
Working on Unit 01 [March 24 21:16:39]
[21:16:39] + Working ...
[21:18:49] CoreStatus = 1 (1)
[21:18:49] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x1
[21:18:49] Deleting current work unit & continuing...

I installed the SMP on my dual core intel box and its jamming along but my AMD keeps doing this. Any help would be great.

Hella

Did you run install.bat? Is the user you're running FAH as a member of the Adminstrators group or a regular user?

Its running under a admin account and yes I did use the install.bat. got the if you see this twice ect ect

.net 2.0 installed?

enter wrong password in setup?

Im running Vista so my understanding is that it is allready installed as it wont let me install it. And im 99.9% sure that the passwords are all right

disable that UAC (UNC? user account some shit) in Vista before install?

5. Troubleshooting:

If the client reports an error code -1, it is likely due to an mpi problem. Try re-registering mpiexec by running mpiexec –register or install.bat.

Per Pogo:

Item 15 in the list of known bugs talks about troubles installing smpd on Vista due to lack of admin rights. For anyone having this issue, I found that turning off "User Account Control" (Control Panel / User Accounts) will allow the smpd installation to proceed. Afterwards, you can turn it back on and smpd still works. You need to reboot each time you change the User Account Control setting, which is a pain, but it is a workaround.

Also, Vista includes .Net framework 2.0 already, so you don't need to install it to get the Windows SMP client running.

Back