windows server starter guides

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
does anyone know some good online turtorials that will go over what exactly network operating systems, and windows server, exchange server active directory and all that stuff exactly is and does? i want to start learning about that stuff but i dont know where to start im looking for the absolute basics.

Umm... microsoft.com... or get a book. There are many books on both subjects. I don't know how basic you mean. "Network+ certification for dummies" is a basic one. Google is also a wonderful tool.

Phaedrus said:
Umm... microsoft.com... or get a book. There are many books on both subjects. I don't know how basic you mean. Network+ for dummies is a basic one. Google is also a wonderful tool.

lol i know like everything in network+ im talking nothing but software here, like how windows server works and what exactly it does. and how to get started learning about it.

ok i just got sams teach yourself windows server 2003 in 24 hours, looks like a good start :D

Awesome, just keep in mind that you can hit the books hard, but if you truly want to learn it, you have to set up a machine and practice everything yourself. A more realistic title would be "Teach yourself Server 2003 in 24 months". :p

Good luck. :D

Baredor said:
Awesome, just keep in mind that you can hit the books hard, but if you truly want to learn it, you have to set up a machine and practice everything yourself. A more realistic title would be "Teach yourself Server 2003 in 24 months". :p

Good luck. :D

yeah there is no way you could learn windows server just by reading the books, thats why im going to setup a machine running it. right now im going to install it on my laptop it well meets the requirements then i will build a dedicated machine once i get the parts. :D

when i was in the bookstore today i was looking at sams teach yourself in 24, it looks very simple and gives you the basics of installation then i looked at the MASTERING WINDOWS SERVER 2003 book and it looks like the sams teach yourself in 24 only covers like 10% of the shit you need to know, so im just going to start with it and see how it goes.

Back