Windows Server Firewall

hellosky

Weaksauce
Is there a software like pfSense and Untangle that can run inside a Windows OS not on a Linux install?

No, believe me I've looked. You may want to deploy a hardware firewall in front of the server.

Last time I tried to deploy untangle in a vm it created a broadcast storm on installation.. After reading I found ppl say you can't use it under a vm... But if you can I will load it up right now
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Well I might give it another try as long as I have enough resources left on the box.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I run untangle on an esxi box.

I second this option, if you're looking for something that will run "on" or "in" Windows then go with a VM. But I strongly urge you to consider pfsense! Requires a lot less, in terms of hardware, than either Windows or Untangle...free and very straight forward. If that's still too much for you then get an off the shelf router and put OpenWRT, DD-WRT or Tomato on it.:D

Last edited:
I second this option, if you're looking for something that will run "on" or "in" Windows then go with a VM. But I strongly urge you to consider pfsense! Requires a lot less, in terms of hardware, than either Windows or Untangle...free and very straight forward. If that's still too much for you then get an off the shelf router and put OpenWRT, DD-WRT or Tomato on it.:D

This.

However I really like untangle. Using it at work has made my life tons easier, between filtering out the crap sites that should not be in the workplace plus the malware/spyware module.

Back