Windows Server 2008

lilbstrd

n00b
Do you think Server 2008 will be well suited to administer Windows Vista Business.

I think Server 2003 lacks policies to adequately administer Vista. For instance, widgets or UAC or Areo preferences. I'm not sure Server 2008 will have any either, but your opinion would be nice.

You can't create admin templates to administer them in 2k3? I haven't looked, but I would imagine there is a "vista compatibility pack" jammed full of templates for group policy somewhere...

Microsoft has released a set of administrative templates for managing Vista from Windows Server 2003. Server 2008 will only improve on this.

you can make your own gpo's based on any registry changes... all the gpo's do is edit registry keys... There are tools/tutorials that will show you how to create these.

Server 2008 + configuration manager + vista clients = sexy from what the microsoft technical advisor guy was talking about. You can do all kinds of badass stuff... Unfortunately we have 0 need to install vista crap anywhere on our network.

Back