Windows Server 2008 - No audio device found?

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Hi,

I recently installed Windows Server 2008 Standard (64-bit and genuine) on a ministry's machine (previously mine). I have also ran Windows Update until it said the OS is fully up to date. I am having one caveat at the moment...which is trying to get the audio to work.

According to Device Manager, my Realtek HD Audio is installed and functioning correctly (it appears in the list without problems, in other words).

According to Sound in Control Panel, it says that it cannot find any audio devices.

The motherboard in this machine is a Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, and I used the Vista 64-bit drivers from the site. For confirmation that it is indeed Vista 64-bit drivers, I have another thread somewhere here and from immediate experience that I needed these kind of drivers to make my onboard ethernet work.

:|

The audio service is disabled by default on Server 2008. If you're trying to use it as a desktop workstation, have fun.

I already have the Windows Audio service and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder both set to Automatic startup and currently running. The intended purpose of this setup is:
  • Video encoding, rendering, and editing (primary)
  • File storage server
  • Low-end VMware server

Back