Windows Server 2008 Free for Students from Microsoft DreamSpark

FYI, you can generate as many codes as you want, but you'll need different hotmail addresses. I got 2 keys and might go for a third, just so I can have licenses for all my machines. The 2nd time you go to log into your University's webpage, the MS site should already have the cache from before so it'll just pass you through but will still generate a new unique key.

How do I get this for Illinois State University? I see it on one list but not the one before you checkout.

My wife signed up for this about 6 months ago. I hope it is still valid!

EDIT: Yep, her account is still active. Sweet!

Awesome! Got in on this last time it was posted up. SQL Server 08 Developer edition is on there, and Server 08, and that IT Academy Student pass. Sweet!

Input on the IT Academy student pass? Is it just basically access to material for the classes required to get certifications?

Is it a 180 trial or what?

PS: My college is not on the list... so are a lot of colleges NOT on the list! :mad:

Is it a 180 trial or what?

PS: My college is not on the list... so are a lot of colleges NOT on the list! :mad:

Mine wasn't either, but you just follow their steps for school verification. Mine wasn't there initially, but I can get everything now.

Is the verification for this a separate account through the school or does it verify based on something simple like an active email address?

Is the verification for this a separate account through the school or does it verify based on something simple like an active email address?

I believe it was something simple. Gave a little info on the school, and used my school email.

Every school is eligible. Theres a link somewhere that says "If you school isnt listed click here" or something like that. Then it takes you to a third party site where you verify you attend the university you claim you do and get registered to Dreamspark. Its what I had to do and it only took a day for the verification process. Pretty neat program.

Does anyone know if this is just the 32 bit or if it's a dual installer for 32/64? I believe 2003 was just 32 bit.

I wonder if the key would work with 64bit media? Either way it's not a big deal for me, since I'm not running anything where the advantages of 64bit would really come into play.

i'm totally using my friends school credentials for william paterson university to get this!

which one from the list is the most usefull and fun program to play with ? other than windows server 2008

SWEET, I registered through JourneyEd.com and after a couple of hours I got my confirmation link. Gonna download 64-bit Enterprise when I get home and have some fun...whee!! Thanks OP!

thanks for that link, I know have a 32bit and 64bit iso of that.

this will work great with the dual opty systems people are building, I got in on two of the processors just waiting on a deal for the mobo

Thanks OP!

(*VERY* glad my company put me back in school because of all these "free student software" offers!) ;)

FYI, you can generate as many codes as you want, but you'll need different hotmail addresses. I got 2 keys and might go for a third, just so I can have licenses for all my machines. The 2nd time you go to log into your University's webpage, the MS site should already have the cache from before so it'll just pass you through but will still generate a new unique key.

dude. I don't get a second chance for second key

Yeah with Server 08, both keys work with X86 and X64. Just download a trial of Server 2008 and apply the key and it will work.

dude. I don't get a second chance for second key

Did you log out and log back in with a DIFFERENT ID than before? Right after I posted that went and signed up for a third one (by creating a new hotmail account). They may have fixed it by now because I doubt they wanted to give out more than 1 key to 1 person.

What is it with some people. They offer you a free copy of Windows Server 2008 and the first thing that comes to mind is "Watch me fuck Microsoft over by scamming them out of several copies..." or words to that effect.

I can see our education system still isn't teaching people the really important shit like morals and ethics, and neither are parents. Good lord... what is this world coming to.

What is it with some people. They offer you a free copy of Windows Server 2008 and the first thing that comes to mind is "Watch me fuck Microsoft over by scamming them out of several copies..." or words to that effect.

I can see our education system still isn't teaching people the really important shit like morals and ethics, and neither are parents. Good lord... what is this world coming to.

Funny I was just thinking that...The sad thing is that I am usually the person that is doing that, especially to places like Bestbuy...:D

I had a friend named Mikey. Mikey wasn't perfect, but he knew 2 things:

1. Grandma's Cookies were great cookies because "that bitch can bake."
  2. If those cookies (or anything else) were free he'd take three

I'm sure the guys at MS under stand Mikey's Theorem....they all have an MS or PhD.

Ugh, I registered with that journeyed site and sent them my schedule 6 hours ago with no confirmation link! Ugh. Guess I have to wait till tomorrow.

Wow, chill out man. #1, they're free copies of windows offered by Microsoft, they can decide not to do this if they want. #2, nowhere does it say you can not get more than one key. I have 3 PC's that I'd like to install Server 08 on and since they're my render farm, it makes it way easier to deal with if they're all running the same OS. The issue would be extremely easy for them to fix, all they have to do is tie the key to your university log in and bam, only one copy per person.

wish i was still in school.

anyone wanna help a brother out lol

Back