Windows Server 2008 64-bit drivers??

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Hey,

I am installing Windows Server 2008 on a regular computer. What drivers am I supposed to use? Windows 7 64-bit or Windows Vista 64-bit?

Kind of hard to run Windows Update when Windows Server 2008 does not have working Realtek ethernet drivers..

Windows 7 driver do not seem to work (still need to restart to confirm though).

Vista drivers work. =)

I have another question. On my home network, all the computers here are running XP, under WORKGROUP, and have at least one folder shared for everyone else on the network to access (whether they have just "read" permissions or both "read and write"). According to the System Information, my Windows Server 2008 machine is in WORKGROUP too, and I created a folder Test123 with Co-owner permissions to Everyone. Problem is that I cannot access \\MyServer2008Machine\Test123 from any of the other computers, nor can I access any of the computers from my Server 2008 machine. What am I doing wrong? =( How do I fix this?

EDIT: \\<ip>\ works on both ends, but I would still like to use \\<hostname>\.

Last edited:
Yes, Server 2008 uses Vista drivers if you don't have actual Server 2008 drivers. Server 2008 R2 is 7 drivers, but I imagine Vista x64 would work too.

Back