Windows Server 2003 Synchronizing/Drive Loss

trckn4life

Limp Gawd
Hi, I have a server running windows 2003 and I'm having trouble with wireless laptop clients using linksys wrt54gs (the laptops are dell 520's). What is happening is that the computers login via autologin registry edits, it has a connection internet and network is available, but shortly there after usually (or almost guaranteed within 10 minutes) the computer will try to synchronize files around the time it says it is offline.

I had a continuous ping running and it was fine, but the laptops keep showing that it needs to shyncronize files and then that the mapped drives on the server are not available, sometimes just what was synched is available.

How do you clear the synch's and get rid of them completely? Any suggestions because I'm confused what to do next??

Also, the laptops are running XP Pro.

ok, once we got rid of the offline file sync it seemed to take care of it.

but....now, it is evidently acting up again. Could it possibly be something with the wireless encryption or initial authentication? I'm open to any suggestions or suggestions on what to try because it is such an odd problem.

I guess now, it's not showing the mapped drives (that are mapped via 2003 server login script) as being available at times.

Back