Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition: Wireless Issue.

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Here at work we are having issues connecting one of our 2003 servers to a wireless network. It appears as if it just won't connect. Almost as if it loops itself when prompted for the network key. Like we didn't enter it. Kind of a weird issue.

Anyone have a work around for this or ever experienced this? We are allowing Windows to handle the connection.

First off is it running sp1? SP1 adds better support for wireless. Also try using the software that came with the card. Bad question though why are you connecting a server useing wireless? I use 2003 on my notebook so I use the wireless to connect at school but for a normal production server it doesn't make a lot of sence. I will say from my experience even with sp1 2003 sucks for wireless.

Eh, I'm a dumbass. I was trying to connect to the wrong network. LOL... it's been a long day. I got called into work at about 12:30 to fix some PCs that went down in the plant. Needless to say I'm still here and I'm supposed to be at a lan party right now. :(

I need a cold one. Thanks for being there guys. ^^ Thanks for the help. :)

Oh to answer your question. I'm using wireless on 2003 becuase this is a server that we use in the manufacturing plant. The entire plant is wireless, no cat5 anywhere in this building. So I have no option but to go wireless. It's not a server that is used for really anything important, so it's not high end or anything like that. It's got an 108mb wireless connection running for it with a signal strength of Excellent. Does the job.

I know that feeling bro. We got hit around here with some bad storms yesterday. I ened up shutting down a bunch of our clients servers knowing that the battery backups would not hold with power going up and down so fast. Spent a good part of the morning going onsite and bringing systems back up.

Back