Windows seems to have locked me out

Stormlifter

2[H]4U
Alright, i can't seem to get admin access in a few areas...

I can't RDP, it says, "unable to log you on due to an account restriction"
and in IE it says to contact my admin when I try to get to internet options, funny thing is I can access it through my Control Panel...

info you might want to know.
I'm listed as an Admin in the users groups and such, I'm using Windows XP SP2...

Hrm... Anyone got an idea?
Those few things seem to be the only thing I can't do.

You're post is self-explanitory on why you can't get certain privaledges . :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

On the host computer under the Remote tab in System Properties, click on Select Remote User and make sure your account is in there. If not, first add the account to the host machine then add it under the Select Remote User option.

How is it self-explanitory, I still don't know how to get access back... I'm shown in all the areas that I'm the admin... yet for some reason I can't access things...

S1nF1xx that was the issues, fixed now..

but the internet explorer options screen is still disabled through IE, but i can get to it through control panel.. odd.

Glad RDP is working for ya.
I haven't seen that particular issue with IE though. As long as you're positive you're an admin and no group policies have been changed, I would try reinstalling IE to see if that fixes it. Before you do that though, scan for spyware and viruses, as I suppose spyware could cause something like this.

Or you can wait and see if someone else has actually seen this issue before. ;)

Back