• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows SAN with PrimoCache - Decent Performance

KapsZ28

2[H]4U
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
2,114
I finished building my SAN using Windows Storage Server 2012 R2. Besides the two drives for the OS, the storage has 12 Hitachi enterprise class SATA III drives and 4 Crucial M500 SSDs, (they were relatively cheap for 480 GB).

I created tiered storage using all the hard drives with a two-way mirror. I did some benchmarking before installing PrimoCache and then after installing PrimoCache. Below are the results.

Before Primo.



After Primo.



What is really nice is the 4K performance increase. I tested with another app and it showed 75,000 IOPS. :D
 
Back
Top