Windows Proxy Server software?

Shockey

2[H]4U
Hello,

I wanting to setup and configure software to run on my computer that will allow people to use my computer to connect to the internet. Tried to configure apache but with no luck did i ever get it working.

Like it to be simple. Only traffic going through it will be web traffic(HTTP & HTTPS)
Light on resources and footprint also.

Anyone know of any for windows systems?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
either use built-in internet connection sharing, or just buy a basic so-ho router?

Not necessarily. Maybe he wants to be part of the Tor network to help people out. Or maybe not. ;)

Well a so-ho router won't work. I wanting to configure this to run on my computer so friends can connect through me(Use me as a private proxy) and then give it to them also and configure it so i can use them as my proxy

I don't do illegal activity. This is to cheat at a game where your only allowed 1 account and they backscan ips. So i can't use public proxies. :p ;)

My friend recommend ISA server just like above. Think i try that. Just don't turn on cache and logging.

+1 for squid

Squid on windows? :confused:

I googled forever and didnt find a way with the current version. Found some guide for really old versions but they were really out dated. so didn't want to use them. Know of a current one.

Hmm, haven't actually run it on windows recently, they could have dropped support?

All of our newer cache servers are running on RHEL, all the windows boxes have been deprecated

Back