windows OS 1.0

the oldest thing i got is NT server 3.51 which i believe looks like windows 3.11

Windows 1 and 2 were worthless - it wasn't until Windows 3 that a significant number of people started using it.

I've got 1.0. Also have some Japanese DOS 6.22, maybe DOS 5 as well. Japanese 3.1.

I was doing some cleaning here at work and found windows 1 and 2 along with a bunch of other old software. Im kicking my self int he butt now for throwing it away.

I had a friend that was obsesive compulsive about old windows copies, he has those.

I think the sad thing is that so many of us still have Windows XP :)

I just dug this out:

dos.jpg

DOS 4.11 on 5.25, FELL TEH POWAH! w00t!

I remember back in the day when Windows 3.1.1 was so awesome at my Uncle's office. I guess the only reason I thought it was cool was because I was used to the C64, which did have a Windows like program which sucked.

Anyone theme thier Windows XP box to look like the 3.1 shell? If so how does that work for you?

windows 3.1 was the first comp i had its dead now :( i have a question for those of you that have 1.0 isnt it on 1 floppy?

Oldie said:
...DOS 4.11 on 5.25, FELL TEH POWAH! w00t!...

Funny thing is; if you install it, and some other DOS apps, on your current machine, it will be 1000X faster than it is at the moment!
:)

Did windows 2 came out? I recall using windows 1.0 and windows for workgroups 3.11 but IIRC MS didn't release windows 2.0

Yeah, Windows 2.0 was also called Windows/286.

I have Windows 3.0 laying around somewhere, its a huge heap of 5.25" disks. :p

I have 1.0, 2.0, 3.11 somewhere laying around.

also MSBOB which is the best OS ever by MS

are you actually goin to install it
or you just asking for the hell of it?
i got this huge stack of 5.25 disks...hmm wonder whats on em
see if i can find oregon trail

I've got MS DOS 4.0 (On a single floppy) and Windows 3.0 (On several floppies)... They don't like my current hardware :(

i installed win1.0 and MSBOB on winXP just straight into a directory and it ran quite well... 1.0 is such weaksauce... well it was only b&w (at least my install) and was like ridiculously stupid to even function in any fashion... im glad i used plain old DOS in those days.. being i was like 8 or so.

Oregon Trail is numero uno of best games of all-time.. played in 3rd grade quite abit during a special class period... was sorta hard.. i know this guy who tried it out again last week and he couldnt get all the way across the country.. he tried like 10 times.. each resulting in failure.

Tetrahedron said:
i installed win1.0 and MSBOB on winXP just straight into a directory and it ran quite well... 1.0 is such weaksauce... well it was only b&w (at least my install) and was like ridiculously stupid to even function in any fashion... im glad i used plain old DOS in those days.. being i was like 8 or so.

Oregon Trail is numero uno of best games of all-time.. played in 3rd grade quite abit during a special class period... was sorta hard.. i know this guy who tried it out again last week and he couldnt get all the way across the country.. he tried like 10 times.. each resulting in failure.

Oregon Trail

Back