Windows on one drive, Kubuntu on the other?

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, I just got my copy of Kubuntu x64 in today.

Now I want to use it. Since my 80Gb SATA is fully formatted for Windows, my plan is to backup the data on my 200Gb, use 30-40Gb for Kubuntu and format the rest NTFS for file storage.

Would this be the best way to go about doing this?

umm if that drive has space on it, just use gparted to resize that ntfs partition.

you could back up that data just to be safe but gparted will resize ntfs patitions properly, unless you use a really old version, but the latests kubuntu and gparted live discs should be fine.

As I Lay Dying said:
umm if that drive has space on it, just use gparted to resize that ntfs partition.

you SHOULD back up that data just to be safe but gparted will resize ntfs patitions properly, unless you use a really old version, but the latests kubuntu and gparted live discs should be fine.

Fixed. When messing with partitions you should always back up the data off the drive just to be safe.

As I Lay Dying said:

you could back up that data just to be safe but gparted will resize ntfs patitions properly, unless you use a really old version, but the latests kubuntu and gparted live discs should be fine.
Ah thanks. I had never heard of gparted before now. That will make my life easier.

VMWare...you mess up no partitions and you get the benifit of running two OSs simultaneously

swatbat said:
Fixed. When messing with partitions you should always back up the data off the drive just to be safe.

yeah this is true, but it depends on whats on it, and if you care whats on it.
and gparted is pretty safe......

Back