Windows on a Mac

falconman

Limp Gawd
Im going to install windows on my Macbook Pro....any suggestions for which version XP, XP Pro, XP 64, Vista.....will work better

I would like to run XP 64......that would be possible right? Just installed on a new partition...

Thanks!

Any version will work, but I suggest Vista 64 if you can get your hands on it.

4gb. 2.8 ghz

Im thinking about giving it a 100gb partition on my HD. Would it be possible to run it off of a external HD?
Thanks!

4gb. 2.8 ghz

Im thinking about giving it a 100gb partition on my HD. Would it be possible to run it off of a external HD?
Thanks!

With 4GB then Vista 64 for sure. I'm not sure about running it off an external drive, might wanna google that one. Good luck.

I've had far fewer issues with 64-bit Vista than with any other Windows system I've ever had. I've never run it on an Intel Mac, but it's basically the same thing as any other PC, so I would bet that it works swimmingly.

I thought Windows XP 64 was the only version NOT supported by bootcamp?

I thought Windows XP 64 was the only version NOT supported by bootcamp?

Maybe not officially, but if you google it, its working fine. Vista 64 OTOH is completely supported, and that's what he is going to use.

grab the public beta of win7 x64 later today and see if it meets your needs? and if it does, just stick with that until the official retail release of it?

grab the public beta of win7 x64 later today and see if it meets your needs? and if it does, just stick with that until the official retail release of it?

Ah well im waiting in line like everyone else for the download of windows 7.....

As soon as i get it ill let yall know how it works on my MBP

Ah well im waiting in line like everyone else for the download of windows 7.....

As soon as i get it ill let yall know how it works on my MBP

Not all of us are waiting in line... You can get it much faster elsewhere.

it's the keys that's most important, the images are available a ton of places already.. even through a number of avenues on microsoft's own site.

Back