Windows Mobile Training Thread Replacement

We have been experiencing some registration issues on the Windows Mobile™ Training site, so we are requesting your help to prevent misuse of the site’s resources.

To ensure that legitimate users of the site are being rewarded for their participation, we are asking users to verify that they are current employees of a company that sells Windows Mobile devices.

Please take one of the following actions to verify your current status:

1. Complete the attached affidavit form, have the document notarized, and then return it to us at:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
P.O. Box 40068
Portland, OR 97240 USA

2. Send a pay stub in your name from one of these vendors:

Amazon.com, AT&T Wireless, Barnes & Noble.com, Best Buy, Buy.com, CDW Computer Centers, Circuit City, CompUSA, Costco Wholesale Inc., D&H Distributing, Datavision, Dell, Fry's Electronics, Gamestop/Software Etc, Ingram Micro Corp., Insight Direct, J&R Computers, Kmart, LetsTalk.com, Microcenter, MicroWarehouse, MobilePlanet, Motorola, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Office Depot, Office Max, PC Connection, PC Mall, PC Richards & Sons, Radio Shack, RCS, Sears, Shop Toshiba, Shopping.com, Shopping4Sure.com, Smart, Software and More, Software City East, Software Etc, Solutions4Sure.com, Sprint, Staples, Target, Tech Data Corp, TechData, The Wiz, TigerDirect, T-Mobile, Ultimate Electronics, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Megastore, Wal-Mart, Zones

Send the pay stub to us at:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
P.O. Box 40068
Portland, OR 97240 USA

3. Have your employer send an e-mail verifying your employment with one of these vendors:

AT&T Wireless
Best Buy
Circuit City
CompUSA
Office Depot
Staples

Send the e-mail to: [email protected]

Your employer’s message must come from an e-mail account with the company name in the domain.

Please take action within the next 30 days if you wish to remain eligible for current or future rewards.

See you online,
The Windows Mobile Training Team

Looks like I won't be getting anything... I never managed to get hired at Staples (though I was trying). Looks like any bus. but the ones on the approved list won't be getting one, due to 'abuse'.

i haven't gotten any email yet so maybe i'll get something...i hope :(

I just got it too :/, I do have a friend that work's at sears on the list, maybe if I change my info to his and ask him if he wants my points.

well, guess I'll mail them my pay stub from target. :)

edit: annoyingly, you can only get 1450 offhand for answering everything :/

I guess I'll have to wait 5 weeks to get 1500. :(

Looks like I get to mail my check stub from Dell. I hope they take it since we don't get actual stubs, have to print them out online.

I went on the site today and it looks like they added another section called Portable Media Center. Looks like I'll be ordering Win XP today. :D

I wonder if the above letter applies to the first round of people.... I did mine at the beginning of summer...

I still haven't got that email yet (it's my MSN account too, lol) but I did do it rather early on. I wonder if I'll see anything from MS soon.

i got my email from them, too. has anyone thought of a way around it that does not amount to mail fraud?

The email doesn't say the pay stub has to be recent, I wonder if one from 2 years ago will do ;)

I got the mail, guess I'm one of the abusers they are trying to weed out. :)

Portable Media Center works for me. I think the only difference in the way I completed the course was I clicked all 3 boxes on the left of the first couple slides.

I did that too - even did all the demo's. Dunno what went wrong. I'll try again later... to tired atm.

Mr. Greg said:
Anyone get an email?

Looks like you're screwed unless you actually work at a place that sells MS Mobile products...

Yea I got an email, Im not gonna do anything about it tho. I did this like 5-6 weeks ago, so hopefully my XP PRo is shipping out soon =/

If not, im gonna be pissed for wasting ~2.5 hours of my life in training, referrals, and looking at the rewards.

UrinalCakeMIx said:
If not, im gonna be pissed for wasting ~2.5 hours of my life in training, referrals, and looking at the rewards.

Do you realize how stupid that is? "Oh, I'm gonna be mad at microsoft because I was trying to fradulently get stuff from them, and now they're checking. It's all thier fault, I hate them"

You DID agree to a ToS when you registered. You didn't meet your end of the deal, so they don't have to fufill thiers.

Finished out the training for a copy of windows xp, I am waiting Mr. Gates.

SidewinderX said:
Do you realize how stupid that is? "Oh, I'm gonna be mad at microsoft because I was trying to fradulently get stuff from them, and now they're checking. It's all thier fault, I hate them"

You DID agree to a ToS when you registered. You didn't meet your end of the deal, so they don't have to fufill thiers.

All of the information I entered was true.

The only reason that I won't be going any further than this is because I don't work at any of the retailers that MS specified that you must work at in the email. My employer has nothing to do with MS products whatsoever, but there was nothing said about your place of employment having to sell MS Mobile products to reap the benefits of the deal when you signed up.

In other words, MS closed a loophole with this email. Drat.

Mr. Greg said:
The only reason that I won't be going any further than this is because I don't work at any of the retailers that MS specified that you must work at in the email. My employer has nothing to do with MS products whatsoever, but there was nothing said about your place of employment having to sell MS Mobile products to reap the benefits of the deal when you signed up.

It did specify the training and rewards were for retailers who sell thier products.

Has anyone recieved the products?

DONT tell me if you KNOW someone who has.. I could care less who you know. I only want people to say weather or not THEY actually recieved anything yet.

cyr0n_k0r said:
Has anyone recieved the products?

DONT tell me if you KNOW someone who has.. I could care less who you know. I only want people to say weather or not THEY actually recieved anything yet.
well?

I think people, like me, are waiting for a few more weeks till I have enough points for winxp pro. I actually work at a retailer though.

Points Earned to Date 2260
Current Points 760
Points Spent 1500

Order History
XXXX 7/6/2004 9:20:40 PM Windows® XP Pro 1 1500

I haven't seen it yet... Still waiting though...

Wish that damned Swiss Army knife was still available. I was diggin on that little guy. I'll hold my points till the Rewards revamp at least, then try ordering something else, as well.

I gave my account to my friend who I helped get his employment verified. He works at Sears :p and a name/address/employment location change + sending in the paystub did the trick.

yes!, a new course! time for me to get my XP pro!

edit: gt my e-mail, sending in a paystub tomarrow.

update: just got this e-mail....

Congratulations! We have verified your account.

Once your account has been verified and if prizes are in-stock you should receive your package within 2-4 weeks. If your prizes are in back-order then your prizes could take up to 8 weeks (or sometimes a little bit more) for delivery. Unfortunately our rewards work just like the rebate programs and we don't have a way to check what products are currently in-stock and which ones are in back-order. We greatly appreciate your patience throughout this process.

Sincerely,
Jesse

The Windows Mobile™ Training Support

So with any luck, I'll be posting back in 2-4 weeks :p

Points Earned to Date 3050
Current Points 850
Points Spent 2200

I'm still waiting on xp/wireless mouse. I got that email too. I think I'll save up for windows xp again, seems like I can never have enough legit copys of that.

oh ye of little faith... look what I got in the mail today :)

xp1.jpg

xp2.jpg

xp3.jpg

Back