Windows Messenger Plug-in

wbryan6

n00b
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
6
I'm trying to set up a Windows Messenger on a small, local network, and I have only one more thing before I launch the project. I want to find a way to record a log of everyone's messages for future purposes. Nothing fancy, just something that records conversations on the user's harddrive like other messengers have built in (Yahoo, AIM, Trillian, etc.), unfortunately, Microsoft did not include this little feature in Windows Messenger 5.0. If anyone knows of a plug-in that will work for logging, or how to set up the messenger in some way to log. Programming can be done if necessary. Any information will be considered helpful. I've searched all over the web, and have yet to find a logging plug-in that works the way I want and is free. Please help.
 
Why not just log all the conversations over the network with the different IM programs with a sniffer? Easier to save all the conversations in one place instead of on each computer.
 
That would work, except that we don't have the resources currently. We have one server and it's already close to maxed out. We are in the process of acquiring more servers, but are currently waiting on funds. I just need something that will create a log of any kind. If packet sniffing is the way to go, then it can be done. Thanks.
 
Back
Top