• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows Media Player / File Associations

ironliver

n00b
Joined
Mar 15, 2005
Messages
8
I installed Nero Suite, and i accidently let it steal all my video associations. I got it back where WMP will play the video files I want, BUT now when i download for example a WMV or MPG, the file will have to download completely then WMP will open and play the file. Before, WMP would automatically open and the file would buffer and play near instantly.

How can I get this functionality back?

sidenote:
FUCK PROGRAMS THAT STEAL FILE ASSOCIATION. Im usually pretty good at not letting this happen. The way NERO did it was kinda tricky. They had the audio associations it asked if you wanted NERO to play. I de-selected all. The next tab on top was Video. I hit the next button thinking it would goto video tab, but instead it went to the next step instead of the video associations that i thought it would goto...
 
I can only think of a few things and I am going to guess that you looked at them already.

First, you might check the options on WMP to make sure that streaming is set (should be under the performance tab). Alternatively, you might check the file types (probably MPG, MPEG, and WMV to use your examples) to make sure that Play is set as the default action and that confirm open after download is unchecked.

That's how it's set in mine.
 
Back
Top